Every year, the AAOU may present a Meritorious Service Award (MSA) to an individual for his/her outstanding services and contributions to open and distance education. Individual academics or administrators may be nominated by AAOU member institutions.
If you wish to submit a nomination, please note the following details:
- Individual academics or administrators may be nominated by AAOU member institutions or by senior faculty (not below the rank of Full Professor) working in AAOU member institutions.
- Nominees need not be restricted to persons presently working for or associated with the member institutions of AAOU.
- Nominations must be signed either by the Chief Executive of the nominating institution or by at least three Senior Academics of AAOU member institutions.
- More than one nomination can be made.
For each nomination, the following three documents must be submitted:
- A signed nomination letter;
- A statement of no more than 1,000 words giving the reasons for making the nomination; and
- A copy of the nominee’s curriculum vitae.
The deadline for nomination is 30 June 2019.