The online Korean language learning program of the Cyber University of Korea (CUK) called “Quick Korean” is already up and available on AAOU Asian MOOCs.
Quick Korean was launched in 2013 as a response to the demand in learning Korean all around the world. It is online and free of charge so anyone who has interest in Korea and Korean language will benefit greatly from this course.
Quick Korean is systematically consists of 4 levels:
- Level 1 is for learning basic communication skills related to daily activities including greetings;
- Level 2 is for learning how to perform simple conversations in public places such as supermarkets and restaurants,
- Level 3 is for learning how to deliver casual conversations and confidently deal with social topics such as work, relationships, and the family, and
- Curriculum and Instruction Development and Evaluation
- Level 4 is for learning communication skills that will enable the learners to communicate freely and fluently on the topics presented in Level 3 and also speak at the public gatherings.
The course is designed to allow prospective learners to choose an applicable course that corresponds with their initial levels. The hope is that Quick Korean will engage with the learners in such a way that they will continue to study right through to Level 4, which means the successful learner will have attained a Level 3.5 on TOPIK, the exam that judges your Korean language proficiency.
For those interested with Quick Korean, you may visit the course here.