|Date:||12 June 2014 (Thursday)|
|Time:||15:00 – 16:30 Hong Kong time, (07:00 – 08:30 GMT)|
|Video Replay:||WVX Format|
|Speakers:||Prof. Fred Mulder (Presentation Slides)
UNESCO/ICDE Chair in Open Educational Resources, former Rector OUNL, Chair EADTU’s OpenupEd MOOCs initiative
Mr. Abel Caine (Presentation Slides)
Mr. Darco Jansen (Presentation Slides)
|Facilitator:||Dr. Li Kam Cheong
Why OpenupEd and Why Globalizing?
|Discussion questions:||– How ‘open’ can ‘Open Education’ be?
– What is the relation with the OUs tradition and missions?
– Are MOOCs to be ignored by OUs, a threat, an opportunity, or a must?
– OpenupEd, the first and so-far only pan-European MOOCs initiative, undertaken by EADTU
(European Association of Distance Teaching Universities): why, what, and how?
– Short preview on the next web conference ‘OpenupEd globalized?
– What could Asia, its Open Universities and AAOU do?